Friday, January 29, 2010

Am I dreaming?


The past two days have quite literally been dreams come true: even better than Cinderella.  A) Biology lab consists of hiking through the jungle and scenic overlooks B) Its absolutely beautifully breathtaking C) I got to express the beauty in art today.  We packed our lunches and headed out, unsure of what to expect.  On a huge grassy hill we examined the protozoa plant and it smelled like sweet sweet honey.  At the next stop we got out to overlook a giant valley covered in luscious trees with a cascading waterfall.  I mentioned to my friend: I would love to be at the base of that waterfall right now.  Following lunch we took a hike that lead exactly to the bottom of the waterfall: an amazing sight! Words and pictures cannot compare to the glory of God’s creation expressed.  We found crazy bugs called shongololos and exotic birds as we literally walked in the middle of a jungle.  Today I have been spending time alone marveling at how amazing God’s creative capacities are and learning to fear the God of the Universe who chooses to love me.  I had quality time with my roommate Kailey sharing life and God’s doings and relishing the moment of being here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment